Love is in the air!
Love is in the air in Clayton as the town welcomes Champion West, a beautiful new Herring Homes community. This intimate neighborhood of new homes is designed to meet every desire of future homeowners. And, with Clayton’s historic downtown district just a few miles away, it will be impossible not to fall in love with Champion West.
Clayton has been a magnet for new residents for years as it maintains a small-town feel while still providing a variety of interests. There is truly something for everyone here, including nearly two dozen restaurants, a long list of shops, and easy access to greenways. Clayton’s leaders have handled its growth strategically, ensuring a feeling of connection with neighbors and businesses alike through year-round community events.
Accessibility to green space is an important feature throughout the State of North Carolina. The town of Clayton has made it a priority with a number of parks, recreational areas, and miles of greenways.
- Clayton River Walk on the Neuse River is a four-mile section of North Carolina’s unmatchable Mountains-to-Sea Trail. In future years, the Mountains-to-Sea trail will connect Clingman’s Dome in the Great Smokey Mountains to Jockey’s Ridge on the coast. Clayton’s portion of this beautiful trail parallels the Neuse River under Covered Bridge Road.
- Sam’s Branch Greenway is over a mile long and wide enough for pedestrians and cyclists. Follow the greenway as it greets the Neuse River and connects with the Clayton River Walk on the Neuse. Sam’s Branch features public art and a pedestrian bridge over the Neuse River.
- Clayton also has two community parks: Clayton Community Park and East Clayton Community Park. Pick your pleasure and pick your park! Activities include baseball and soccer fields, bocce, tennis, and volleyball courts, playgrounds, picnic pavilions, and more.
- Clayton Community Center is the perfect spot to visit on those days that offer liquid sunshine. Step in from the elements and take a spin on the indoor walking track or try out a fitness class!
Creative Arts are also an important part of Clayton’s brand. The Downtown Sculpture Trail celebrates work by artists near and far with 12 installations. The sculptures can be found throughout the downtown district with Horne Square housing multiple works. Each year, new sculptures are added to the trail ensuring that it remains a favorite feature for residents and visitors.
From April to October, the Clayton Farmer’s market opens for business each Saturday morning. This is a great time to mingle with fellow neighbors and pick up locally grown fruits and vegetables. There is also a wide variety of handmade crafts and baked goods just waiting to find a new home.
Perfectly situated in Johnston County, Clayton offers quick access to education, healthcare, and transportation.
- There are ten colleges/universities within a 45 miles radius of Clayton.
- Johnston Health Clayton has expanded its facilities to ensure high-quality hospital care is available to those living nearby.
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport sits just 40 miles north of Clayton.
Can’t decide on a peaceful place to settle down or a bustling, small-town community? Clayton is the perfect blend of both. The Champion West community will showcase multiple floor plans including townhomes and single-family homes between 2,000 and 2,500 square feet. For those ready to call Clayton “home,” it won’t be difficult to find the perfect forever home. Reach out to Herring Homes today to find a home you will love, in Clayton!